Co-Location: Enable, Translate, Grow
Admission fee:Open to all
September 13, 2018
9:00 - 16:00
Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB)
80 Wood Ln
Imperial College ThinkSpace is hosting a conference and exhibition on 13 September in the Translation & Innovation Hub (I-HUB) at Imperial White City Campus.
This is your chance to explore the research and commercialisation activities in Chemistry at the Molecular Science Research Hub, Biomedical Engineering at the Michael Uren Bioengineering Research Hub, White City incubator at the I-HUB and The Invention Room in White City.
You will also meet the companies who are based in the I-HUB (Airbus, Mapi/ICON plc, Aborea) to get insights on University-Industry perspectives. Award-winning entrepreneurs will share their aspiration and technology with you.
In the afternoon, you will have a chance to meet colleagues at Imperial consultancy (ICON), Imperial Business Partnerships (IBP), Corporate Partnerships, co-working space (Central Working), and Hammersmith & Fulham partnership (Upstream).
Come and enjoy the refreshment and Lunch served by our new cafeteria at the I-HUB, Benugo.
Session 1. ENABLE
- Introduction of Innovation ecosystem in White City, John Anderson, Director of Finance Strategy, Imperial College London
- A new era of chemical and molecular science research, Prof Oscar Ces, Director of the Institute of Chemical Biology (ICB), Co-director of Imperial College Advanced Hackspace (ICAH), Department of Chemistry, Imperial College London
- 3D printing of patient matched instrumentation, Prof Justin Cobb, Chair of Orthopaedics, Director of the MSk lab, Imperial College London
- Setting the foundation of entrepreneurship at White City Incubator, Graham Hewson, Head of Incubation, Imperial Innovations
Session 2. TRANSLATE
- Airbus Defence and Space division – Imperial partnership, Martin Agnew, Senior Manager – R&T (DISCON), AD&S Central Engineering, Airbus
- Drug development and commercialisation programs, Dr Will Maier, Chief Scientific Officer at ICON plc
- BioSolar leaf – world’s most advanced organic food cultivation system, Julian P Melchiorri, CEO at Aborea
Session 3. GROW
- A finger prick test – revolutionary prenatal care solution, Ana Luisa Neves, Co-founder of Momoby, 2018 Venture Catalyst Challenge winner
- Creating a new source of water, Jonathan Risley, CEO at Thin Air, 2018 Scalable Business Awards winner
- Novel ocean plastic pollution cleanup technology, Inty Grønneberg, COO at Remora Marine, 2018 Scalable Business Awards winner
- Imperial Consultant (ICON)
- Imperial Business Partners (IBP)
- Corporate Partnerships
- Central Working
- Upstream (Partnership for growth and Innovation)