October 29, 2020
Online - details will be sent to those who register
Are you a startup commonly experiencing workload spikes, exploring the infrastructure needed to scale or deciding how to work with a team that is more virtual than usual?
Upstream’s lunch and learn with OVHCloud will delve into how to make better use of cloud technology to grow your business and how to tap into the power of Big Data and AI solutions.. Whether you already use cloud technology or are completely new to it, this lunch & learn with a cloud expert is not to be missed.
OVHCloud will set out why startups, especially in the deep tech space need cloud infrastructure and a cloud strategy. You will get an introduction to cloud technology, big Data and machine learning using the cloud. You will also learn how to build a data platform in the cloud and tips on how to do this effectively. Finally, OVHcloud runs a Startup Program and will share details on how they assist startups with their cloud journey.
– Introduction to the cloud and big data
– Building your data platform in the cloud
– Top tips to make your journey to the cloud
– Philip Marais: OVHcloud Program Leader
– Guillaume Ruty: OVHcloud Solution Architect
About OVHcloud: OVHcloud is a global company trusted by more than 1.5 million customers. It manufactures its own servers, owns and manages 30 datacenters, and operates its own own fibre-optic network.
What is Cloud?
The cloud infrastructure concept has already been through a 20-year evolution. Back in 2001, the cloud enabler was created – Vmware; which made it possible to create virtual machines on top of server hardware. This led to the first Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering in 2006. Before this, you either managed your own infrastructure on-premises, or you rented ‘rackspace’ in a data centre, and placed your own machines in their racks.
Fast forward to 2020, there are three basic cloud solutions available (Dedicated Services, the Hosted Private Cloud and Public Cloud options) which provide businesses an opportunity to tap into the power of Big Data and AI solutions as well as, manage and secure current data.
Benefits of Cloud
– Simplifies capacity planning management
– Reduces cost & increases efficiency
– Whether you need to be ready to scale globally, provide certified solutions for specific industries, or alleviate unnecessary loads on your team – cloud infrastructure can help.
– Using Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions mean your team can work from anywhere using SaaS productivity applications
– Designed to manage unpredictable events